Makar Sankranti/ Lohri/ Pongal marks the end of the winter solstice and welcomes spring! The festival not only signifies the ripen crops celebration, but also a way to be thankful to the Sun God (Surya) for harvest and abundance. It also marks an important astronomical change as Sun enters the Makara Rashi (Capricorn zodiac).
Only a mother of a toddler would know how difficult it is to keep them busy and entertained. They never get bored when you engage with them in play activities, but to sit and make them learn new concepts is a herculean task. To solve your problem for the upcoming harvest festival, we have designed this amazing activity box that includes lots of fun and engaging activities like dab-a-dot activities, crafts, colouring, and puzzles appropriate for 2+ toddlers.
The activity box contains age-appropriate information about the January harvest festivals of India for our little ones in the form of fact cards, hands-on activities, worksheets, coloring pages, and craft activities.
- Familiarity with Indian culture and festivals
- Pincer grip: ability to pick up small pieces using tips of thumb and index finger
- Hand-eye coordination and control
- Concentration: ability to focus on a given task
- Visual discrimination: ability to point small differences between images or objects
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Makar Sankranti, Lohri, Pongal Activity (Box)
Makar Sankranti, Lohri, Pongal activity box is an amazing hands-on learning resource to teach kids about harvest festivals of India.
What is included in the Activity Box?
- Fact Cards about January harvest festivals celebrated in India
- Dab-a-dot Pages that can be used with dot stickers/pom poms/Dabbers
- Festival themed colouring pages
- Craft activity sheets with craft supplies
- Interactive hands-on activity sheets
Topics covered in activity sheets are:
- Festival vocabulary cards
- Matching Activities
- Pre-writing skills
- Spatial awareness skills
- Visual discrimination
- Logical reasoning
- Beginning letters
- Mathematical skills
- Fine motor skills
- Scissor skills
- Colour coding